Himalaya Liv 52
Himalaya Liv 52 is a product marketed by Himalaya Drug Company. It is a purely Ayurvedic product made of a herbal blend of supplements which include rare herbs which have been scientifically proven to cure liver ailments. It is therefore popular for the strengthening of the liver as well as acts as a catalyst for faster liver regeneration and damage repair.
It is marketed in two forms; tablets and syrup. Being an ayurvedic formula, its known side effects are very few.
What is the Composition of Himalaya Liv 52 ?
- Caper bush (root)
- Chicory (seed)
- Black nightshade (whole plant)
- Arjuna (bark)
- Yarrow (aerial parts)
- Tamarisk (whole plant)
Uses and Benefits of Himalaya Liv 52
Prevents Liver Cirrhosis: Liver cirrhosis refers to the condition of chronic liver damage typically caused by the replacement of normal liver tissue by scar tissue. The condition can occur due to a plethora of causes, hepatitis and chronic alcohol abuse being the most prominent. Liver damage caused by cirrhosis cannot be undone, but further damage can be limited. Liv 52 helps in limiting the damage by replacing the scarred tissues with healthy ones by gradually restoring the damaged cells.
- Improves Appetite: Liv 52 helps in improving the appetite by regulating abnormalities, if any, in the stomach. Bodybuilders or people who are underweight are prescribed Liv 52 in order to improve the appetite and facilitate adequate consumption of food.
- Improves metabolism: All of the blood leaving the stomach and intestines passes through the liver. Therefore, the liver plays a vital role in removing toxins from the body. It also secretes the bile juice which helps in breaking down fats, preparing them for further digestion and absorption. To ensure a smooth digestion process, comfortable bowel movement as well as a fast metabolism, Liv 52 aids in keeping the liver and hence the digestive system healthy.
- Protects the Liver from Alcohol-Related Dysfunctionality: Frequent and heavy consumption of alcohol can give rise to liver diseases like fatty liver, liver hepatitis, liver cirrhosis and conditions where fat cells get deposited in the liver which can lead to liver cirrhosis and gradually liver failure. To prevent the same, complete abstinence from alcohol and the use of Liv 52 can help heal the damaged liver cells. The antiperoxidative properties in Liv 52 helps in maintaining a good number of enzymes in the liver that helps in oxidization of organic substances and promotes healing of the liver. The ingredients used in Liv 52 Help in both pre-cirrhotic conditions and acute cirrhosis.
- Beyond the above primary benefits, some secondary benefits of Liv 52 are that it helps in releasing toxins from the body, is highly recommended to jaundice patients, acts as a catalyst for prolonged medical treatments by enhancing absorption as well as facilitates speedy recovery by eliminating heavy toxin build-up due to prolonged medication, helps in battling hangover subsequent to alcohol consumption and is also highly beneficial for pregnant women.
- In addition to above, Liv 52 aids in soothing morning sickness, constipation, anaemia, pre-eclamptic toxaemia and hormonal imbalance.
Side effects of Himalaya Liv 52
Being a purely Ayurvedic product, Liv 52 does not have any known side effects, however, there will be some minor side-effects in the following situations:
Diabetic patients consuming Liv 52 syrup can shoot up sugar level in the body as sugar is used as a taste enhancer in the syrup.
Using it excessively can cause symptoms like:
- burning sensation in the stomach
- loose motions
- skin irritation
The best thing to do in such situations is to simply reduce the dosage. If the conditions worsen, seek immediate medical attention.
To eliminate side-effects due to overdose, doctors have recommended the following:
- For Adult: 2 to 3 tablets a day
- For Kids: 1 tablet a day
- Senior Citizens: 5 to 6 tablets a day
Liv 52 Syrup Dosage:
- For Adults: 2 to 3 teaspoons a day
- For Kids: 1 teaspoon a day
- Senior citizens: 5 to 6 teaspoons a day (not meant for diabetic patients)
The medicine must be taken 30 minutes after meals. It is not advisable to take the syrup on an empty stomach.
If wish to start consuming Liv 52 tablets, it is advisable to consume the same under medical supervision. The doctor will prescribe the dosage based on your existing health condition, allergies and current list of medications if any. Pregnant or breastfeeding women and people having a history of excessive alcohol consumption shall accordingly consult the doctor before consumption for best results.
In the forests of Burma in 1930, the curiosity of a young man, Mr. M. Manal was evoked as he watched villagers feeding the roots of a local herb to calm a herd of agitated elephants leading him to make Rauwolfia Serpentina, the inspiration that led to the creation of Serpina®, the world’s first natural antihypertensive drug, launched in 1934. In 1955, Himalaya introduced its second breakthrough in medicine with the launch of Liv.52, a liver formulation capsule that ensures optimum liver function. The product then became synonymous with brand Himalaya. Since then, Himalaya is a leading global herbal health and personal care organization. In 1999, Himalaya tapped into the personal care space under the brand name “Ayurvedic Concepts.
Authorized dealer of Himalaya in India : Body Fuel ( bodyfuelindia.com )
Manufacturer: Zeon Lifesciences Limited, Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur HP 173025
Country of Origin: India
Why Bodyfuelindia.com ?
We at bodyfuelindia.com believe that it is our responsibility to make sure that our customer gets 100% genuine and authentic product. All the products at bodyfuelindia.com are sourced only from the official importers and we are certified for distribution by them. Customer satisfaction being our main goal, we are always up for resolving your queries and keeping you posted with the best offers possible.
Whenever you order from us, you will always receive the product with the original importer sticker and its hologram along with its GST bill showcasing batch no. along with expiry date as well. Check out our How to Verify page to know more about the details of the Brand authorized importers we procure from and their contact no., email id’s and website on which verification can be done wherever available.