What is Casein Protein?
Milk is made up of two proteins, casein, and whey. Whey makes up 20% of the milk protein while Casein is 80%. The percentage of these proteins in cow’s milk is up to 80%, and between 20% – 60% in human milk. Whey and Casein are the most common protein supplements. The main difference between the two is that whey protein is a fast digesting while the other is a slow-digesting dairy protein.
Casein provides all the essential amino acids that are required by the body for growth and repair as it is a complete protein source. Milk, natural yogurt, and cheese are some natural dairy products from which you can get plenty of casein.
Casein is available in mainly two forms –
- Micellar casein – It is the most popular form and is a steady digesting protein.
- Casein Hydrolysate – It is predigesting and is a rapid absorbing protein.
Why use casein?
- It is very effective for muscle growth – it provides a high amount of leucine, which initiates muscle protein synthesis. Casein has been repeatedly shown to increase muscle growth and strength when combined with resistance training. It may also help with fat loss.
- Casein helps to delay/decrease hunger, helps to feel full & reduces appetite which can help in weight loss
- Some casein powders are an excellent source of beneficial nutrients such as calcium
- Bioactive peptides present in casein protein helps to lower blood pressure in the same way as certain medications do
- It may provide antibacterial and immune benefits
Are slow-digesting proteins beneficial?
Due to its slow absorption rate in the gut, casein also goes by the name “time-release” protein. As it takes longer to digest, it provides amino acids to your cells at a low level over a long period of time. For people who want to increase muscle growth throughout the night, slower digesting proteins are ideal for them. Try consuming it before bed, as it provides your body with a steady release of amino acids throughout the night.
A study published in 2018 in the journal Nutrients showed that consuming proteins like casein right before bed can help a person maintain healthy muscles which means that even while sleeping; you can actively work on your muscles. Casein is a more satiating protein option than whey; therefore, it’s a better option for you if you are looking to lose weight
How to use casein?
Although casein protein can be taken at any time of the day & with any meal, consuming it a few hours before workouts is considered a good time. Consuming it before a workout ensures the supply of an ample amount of amino acids to the body tissues during the training.
However, the best time to take it is before bed. This is because when we sleep, the worn-out tissues due to any physical activities during the entire day get repaired. Taking it before bed can boost muscle metabolism and reduce muscle breakdown while you sleep. You won’t be feeling tired the following day.
You can simply mix 1-2 scoops (25-50 grams) of this protein powder with water. Put it in a shaker bottle or in a blender with some ice. Consume flavors such as chocolate or vanilla as ice cream. You can do this by stirring it with water till it gets a pudding-like consistency and later freezing it for 5-10 minutes.
Where can I buy genuine casein protein?
You can buy genuine Casein protein at bodyfuelindia.com. We procure all the supplements from solely brand-authorized official importers & promise to deliver only authentic supplements at the most pocket-friendly prices to provide you the best online shopping experience!
Top Casein Protein Supplements –
Purchase Authentic Supplements from Body Fuel at best prices and offers. The Top selling Casein Proteins in India are –