Milk is made up of two proteins, casein, and whey. During the cheese-making process, the casein is separated & the leftover i.e. whey (liquid form) is processed in different ways to get the different types of whey protein. Whey protein concentrate (which contains fats and carbs and is lower in protein), whey protein isolate (in which fats and carbs are reduced, so protein content is higher), and hydrolyzed whey protein are the three main types of whey protein powders.
WPI is a more refined form of Whey Protein. It contains approximately 80-95% of the protein in its pure form. The process of making whey protein concentrate gives up to 80% protein. The rest of the 20% is fat and carbohydrates. To shred the fat and carbohydrate content as well as to increase the content of protein, whey processes and passes through different steps. It contains leucine, calcium and peptides that help us to perform better during our workouts.
Why use Whey Protein Isolate?
- More Protein, Less Fat and Carbs: WPI has more protein in comparison to whey protein concentrate since the extra fat and carbohydrate is shreds out in the making process, it has an extremely low level of fat and carbohydrates if compared to whey protein concentrate.
- Helps in reducing weight: Having low fat and carbohydrate content, it provides clean protein which improves metabolism, in turn, helping us burn more calories
- Very Low Lactose Content: WPI has very low lactose content as compared to whey protein concentrate. Hence, it is ideal for people who are lactose intolerant.
- EAAs (Essential Amino Acids): Whey Protein Isolate is a purer form of whey protein concentrate and contains all the Essential amino acids the body needs. The body doesn’t produce EAAs by itself and looks for them in the food we eat. If the body deprives of these essential amino acids, it can result in muscle loss as well as tissue damage.
- Quick Absorption: It is easily digestible, even quicker when consumed with liquid. The body absorbs it instantly.
How to use Whey Protein Isolate?
Generally, it’s ideal to take 1–2 scoops (around 25–50 grams) per day, commonly after workouts. Also, remember to follow the serving instructions mentioned on the packaging label. Keep in mind that adding whey protein to your current intake may be completely unnecessary if your protein intake is already high.
Where can I buy genuine Whey Protein Isolate?
You can buy genuine WPI at bodyfuelindia.com. We procure all the supplements from solely brand-authorized official importers & promise to surely deliver only authentic supplements at the most pocket-friendly prices to provide you the best online shopping experience!
Top Whey Protein Isolate supplement –
Purchase genuine Whey Protein Isolate from Body Fuel at best prices and offers. The Top selling Product(s) in India are –
- Ultimate Nutrition Iso Sensation 93
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Isolate Protein
- BPI Sports ISO HD
- Isopure Zero Carb