What is Whey Protein Isolate?
Milk is made up of two proteins, casein, and whey. During the cheese-making process, the casein is separated & the leftover i.e. whey (liquid form) is processed in different ways to get the different types of whey protein. Whey protein concentrate (which contains fats and carbs and is lower in protein), whey protein isolate (in which fats and carbs are reduced, so protein content is higher), and hydrolyzed whey protein isolate are the three main types of whey protein powders.
Whey Protein Isolate is a more refined form of Whey Protein, it contains approximately 80-95% of the protein in its pure form. The process of making whey protein concentrate gives up to 80% protein and the rest of the 20% is covered by fat and carbohydrates. To shred the fat and carbohydrate content and to increase the content of protein, whey is processed and passed through different steps. It contains leucine, calcium and peptides that help us to perform better during our workouts.
Why use Whey Protein Isolate?
- More Protein, Less Fat and Carbs: Whey Protein Isolate has more protein as compared to whey protein concentrate since the extra fat and carbohydrate is shredded out in the making process, whey protein isolate has an extremely low level of fat and carbohydrates if compared to whey protein concentrate.
- Helps in reducing weight: Having low fat and carbohydrate content, whey Isolate provides clean protein which improves metabolism, in turn, helping us burn more calories
- Very Low Lactose Content: Whey Protein Isolate has very low lactose content as compared to whey protein concentrate. Hence, it is recommended for people who are lactose intolerant.
- EAAs (Essential Amino Acids): Whey Protein Isolate is a purer form of whey protein concentrate and contains all the Essential amino acids the body needs. The body doesn’t produce EAAs by itself and looks for them in the food we eat. If the body deprives of these essential amino acids, it can result in muscle loss and tissue damage.
- Quick Absorption: Whey Isolate is easily digestible, even quicker when consumed with liquid. It gets absorbed instantly by the body.
How to use Whey Protein Isolate?
A commonly recommended dosage is 1–2 scoops (around 25–50 grams) per day, usually after workouts. It’s recommended that you follow the serving instructions on the packaging. Keep in mind that if your protein intake is already high, adding whey protein on top of your current intake may be completely unnecessary.
Where can I buy genuine Whey Protein Isolate?
You can buy genuine Whey Protein Isolate at bodyfuelindia.com. We procure all the supplements from solely brand-authorized official importers & promise to deliver only authentic supplements at the most pocket-friendly prices to provide you the best online shopping experience!
Top Whey Protein Isolate supplement –
Purchase genuine Whey Protein Isolate from Body Fuel at best prices and offers. The Top selling Product(s) in India are –