Arginine is a type of amino acid that’s crucial for the regulation of blood flow. Proteins are broken down into amino acids (building blocks of protein) and then are absorbed into the body. Apart from getting it from food sources, your body can also make it additionally. Therefore, the deficiencies are rare. However, during times of stress and rapid growth, if the body’s production doesn’t meet its requirements, a person can become deficient in it. Foods such as chicken, turkey breast, pumpkin seeds, soybeans, peanuts, milk, cheese, yogurt, chickpeas, and lentils are excellent sources to naturally boost your intake. However, if you are unable to fulfill your needs through food, supplementation can help.
Why use Arginine?
People use it for its various health benefits, such as-
- Relieving chest pain (angina) – it can help people with angina by decreasing symptoms & improving exercise tolerance
- ED (Erectile dysfunction) – People with ED can be benefitted by taking a daily dose of arginine (2.5-5 gm). Taking it with medications might work better rather than taking them alone.
- High blood pressure- it can help in reducing blood pressure in people with high/ slightly high blood pressure with/without diabetes. There is no clear evidence available on whether taking it lowers blood pressure during pregnancy. However, it might decrease the need to take blood pressure-lowering drugs.
- Necrotizing enterocolitis or NEC is a serious intestinal disease in premature infants & arginine may help to reduce the risk for this condition
- Peripheral arterial disease (poor blood flow to the limbs) – it can help in increasing blood flow in people with this condition.
- Pre-eclampsia (a pregnancy complication due to high blood pressure and protein in the urine)- This condition can be helped with its intake.
- Athletic performance enhancement – Arginine supplements may increase nitric oxide in the body, which improves blood flow and oxygenation to muscles. This in turn may enhance exercise performance.
- Management of critical illness – Your body compromises in conditions like infection and trauma. This amino acid plays an important role in such conditions as your arginine needs significantly increase due to physiologic demands.
How to use Arginine?
The doses of arginine change widely depending upon the use. For example, studies show that on people with blood pressure, supplementing daily with 6–30 grams per day can help to reduce the blood pressure.
In those with ED, a daily dose of 1.5–5 grams may significantly improve symptoms. For preeclampsia, the ideal supplementation ranges from 3–4 grams daily for up to 12 weeks, or until delivery under a doctor’s supervision.
Its doses under 9 grams per day are ideal to take. Overdosing can cause gastrointestinal side effects, including nausea, diarrhea, and bloating.
Also, the ideal way to take it is between the meals for maximum absorption.
Where can I buy genuine Arginine?
You can buy genuine supplements at bodyfuelindia.com. We procure all the supplements from solely brand-authorized official importers & promise to deliver only authentic supplements at the most pocket-friendly prices to provide you the best online shopping experience!
Top Arginine supplement –
Purchase genuine Arginine from Body Fuel at best prices and offers. The Top selling Product(s) in India are –