The human body consists of 20 amino acids which help in protein synthesis. They help in building proteins for the requirement and better functioning of the body throughout the day. The human body can make just 11 of these amino acids which are known as ‘non-essential amino acids. This implies that by some way or another, we must get the other nine ‘essential’ amino acids from our diet.
Protein is part of each cell in the body and is essential for the body’s functioning. It helps in rejuvenation of tissues of muscles, skin and also in creating antibodies, insulin.
What are Essential Amino Acids (EAAs)?
Essential amino acids are those that are required in the diet since the body is unable to produce them on its own to maintain protein synthesis. If even one essential (or non-essential) amino acid is missing, rest of the 19 are unusable, they become catabolized, thus, resulting in a negative nitrogen balance.
Essential amino acids generally have a longer life as compared to the non-essential amino acids.
Essential Amino Acids: Names, work and their benefits
Essential Amino Acids have numerous benefits for the body and are used to improve muscle growth and functioning, to improve athletic performance, and for several other health benefits. They are also used by doctors worldwide to treat deficiencies.
- Leucine: Leucine, the most dominant of all the EAAs plays the most significant job in muscle protein synthesis, leucine helps in healing wounds and injuries and helps in balancing glucose since it produces energy. Leucine is found in milk and meat mostly.
- Isoleucine: Isoleucine adds to the biochemical procedure that generates energy, it instigates glucose into the cells and also helps in reducing the effects of stress. Isoleucine is mostly found in milk and meat.
- Valine: Valine is utilized in muscle building programs, and assists protein metabolism. Valine is helpful in building muscle and in repairing tissue damage from liver and gallbladder diseases. Valine can be found in milk, legumes, and meat.
- Methionine: Found in grains, also known as the sulfur donor of cysteine, methionine is needed for cysteine formation. Cysteine is one of the few amino acids that contains sulfur. This allows cysteine to bond in a special way and maintains the structure of proteins in the body.
- Tryptophan: Found in soybeans and grains, Tryptophan is used for serotonin and melatonin formation, key chemicals which help in the regulation of appetite, mood and sleep.
- Lysine: Lysine helps in forming carnitine, it also helps in transporting fats to the cells in the entire body to be burned and form energy from it. Lysine is highly found in plant proteins, soybeans, grains, nuts and seed.
- Threonine: Threonine is changed in the body to a chemical called glycine. Glycine works in the brain to reduce constant and unwanted muscle contractions also known as spasticity. Threonine is found highly in soya beans, is can be found in peanuts too.
- Phenylalanine: Phenylalanine helps in hepatic tyrosine biosynthesis which further helps in catecholamine biosynthesis in nerve tissue hormone biosynthesis. It is found in legumes.
- Histidine: Histidine is essential for children, especially for infants.
Safety and side effects of amino acids supplements
Amino Acid supplements are likely safe and can be consumed by healthy individuals. However, It is recommended to first take the advice of a doctor before mixing these supplements with ongoing medicines, since it can react in any way. They should be taken as mentioned on its label or as prescribed by the doctor.
When taken as mentioned, EAA supplements may not cause such extreme side effects. However, there are some side effects such as headache, stomach-ache, vomiting, skin rashes etc.
Essential amino acids (EAA’s) are 9 out of 20 amino acids that are building block of protein, and can only be consumed through the diet, these amino acids are extremely essential and help in better functioning of the body throughout the day, they can also be taken orally if a person is on a restrictive or inaccessible diet, these supplements should not be mixed with ongoing medical treatment and should be consulted with a doctor before usage.
Top 3 Essential Amino Acid Blend –
Purchase Authentic Essential Amino Acid Blend from Bodyfuelindia.com at best prices and offers. The Top selling Essential Amino Acid Blend in India are –